Trackpad & keyboard
Issue: Trackpad & Keyboard do not function on A1465 and A1466 MacBook Air
- Test boot and hold option. Does it bring you to the boot menu? Does the trackpad/keyboard work? If no, continue on step 2. If yes, skip to step
- Inspect trackpad flex cable for any damage or corrosion. Sometimes it is only visible under microscope. It is also a safe bet to swap the cable and test.
- Test with a new trackpad, and keyboard disconnected.
- Measure voltages going into J4800. Does it have power where there should be power?
Case Example: A1465 2013 11" MacBook Air: Original issue was SMC failure, and it sat in my drawer for about a year. Finally replaced SMC and the unit boots up and works fine, but no trackpad or keyboard in the OS. They do work on the boot menu. I tested all components and discovered 0v on TPAD_USB_IF_EN coming from the PCH. I jumpered from PP3V3_S0, and the keyboard and mouse function.
A1502 and similar flexcable install
- leave connector CLOSED
- align flex cable so it perfectly fits but not inserted
- open connector lock and let cable slide in